This is a long story (and ugly):
Last Thursday my tranny crapped out. No shifts out of first.
Checked and it was the shift-down cable. It came disconnected at the rear of
the tranny.
I called the local tranny shop and was told trop the car off. "It will take
a couple of hours for me to get to it, I'll let you know."
Well, I ropped the car of at 10 AM and got a call 3 hrs later, telling me
that the labor will be $384  + whatever parts are needed.
Steep, but I agreed.
At 5:00 PM I got a call saying the tranny is trashed and needs a total
rebuild for $ 2100.
After arguing the cost (comparing to JAGGY: R&R $400 + $1500 rebuilt + $ 250
Converter + $ 200 for the cable).
I agreed.
Car to be ready next day (Friday) PM.
Got a call @ noon on Friday "We are fine tuning the car, It be ready in
about 45 minutes. Do you need a lift?". No thanks, I come to get it.
@ 3:00PM the phone rings and "They sent us the wrong cable. Sorry, will not
get it right till Monday."
(Why call me when you don't even have the parts?)
On Monday @ 11:00AM I called and was told the part is on the way. At 5:00pm
I called and the part was just was delivered. The car will be ready by
10:00am on Tuesday.
Tuesday I called at 1:00PM and was told the tranny does not shift in 3rd and
the "Valve Body needs adjustments" (Ever heard of that?).
At 3:00 PM I called back, inquiring of the progress of the "Valve body
adjustment" and after hearing "It is going good" I popped the lid and told
the rep what I was thinking: "Do you know A/T's?"- "Yes we do" -"You think I
am stupid. You been telling me lies and it is obvious to me that the only
way I get my car back is to invoke police action". I hung up.
Within 2 minutes I was called back by the rep: "Meet me exactly at 5:31,  1
minute after I close the shop,  across the street,  and I will tell you what
police action is, you drunk".

After I put my car in a shop, in good faith and willing to pay the charges.
I wind up being acused of being intolerant, drunk and poligerant.

Questions to the people:

1) Mechanics Lean says they own the title until all labor and parts costs
are payd (in Texas)?

2) Customers rights ? What is a reasonable time for a repair shop to produce
a service? (Lemon Law / Deceptive Trade Practices)?

3) Where can I get a transcript of my Cell conversations?

4) How do I get my car back?

TIA
--
Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX