I remember a discussion the other day about when the first diesel was
mass produced.  According to my handy dandy Ultimate History of Mercedes
Benz (a book I bought for a friend for a birthday), the first mass
produced diesel was the 1936 260D.  Mercedes was putting diesels in
commercial trucks and busses several years before that.

I could not remember what the conclusion of the group was the other day.
Just wanted to share what my source says.

It really is a cool book and it shows almost every model with Euro
headlights.  They sure do make a car better looking IMO.

Donald H. Snook