> > So I've been looking for a 1999 S500 for my wife and I win the bid on
> > one yesterday:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280192872719&rd=1
> > I pay for a CarFax - It's clean, so I PayPal the guy $500 for a
> > deposit and email the guy to set up a time to go get it.
> > He emails back a bit later saying he sold the car to someone else and
> > refunds my deposit.
> >
> > I'm way pissed. Do I have any recourse?
> >
> > -Dave Walton

Reading the ad the guy sez that its relisted b/c original winner
couldn't execute quickly, implying that that person is some kind of
jerk for not playing fair and THEN  sells it out from under you as the
high bidder?  Bogus.

I'd guess there are ways to make this more difficult for the seller,
but would probably be twice the hassle for you and that in the end
negative feedback is all you've got.

Tony Wirtel