Yes, here in Texas it is a requirement to furnish replaced parts on demant.
They have already made an excuse not having them ("should have told me
upfront").
I don't know what the legal consequences are, but if that goes to court it
may be against the shop.
The biggest problem is that all this is done verbally and than it's my word
against theirs, my reputation against theirs, basically up to a judge or
jury.
Here is where a good lawyer comes in.

On 1/25/08, E M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> can you ask for all the old parts back?  I know you can here, and I do.
>
> Ed
> 300E
>
> On 25/01/2008, Hans Neureiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Today the dude finally spilled the guts:
> > They are waiting on a new valve body (not a one in town).
> > That's where the "Fine tuning" came in.
> > A complete rebuild includes a new valve body, does it not?
> > The croock tried to make a shortcut - I hope he is not trying to charge
> me
> > for that.
> >
> > --
> > Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX