On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:26:42 -0600 "OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Darn! I'd about forgotten those -- and ther was only one way you could
> get that canister in/out - and it involved tipping it just enough to
> pour hot oil down your arm.

We had a 1972 220D/8, which I really enjoyed. The only thing that keeps me
from getting another is the old filter cannister.

I think the oil cannister did get me a job once, though. The day before I
drove from Sacramento, CA, to San Luis Obispo, I changed the oil on our
car. During the interview, the owner noticed the black under my finger
nails and asked about it. I think he felt comfortable hiring me because he
knew I could work with my hands.

> Don't remind me of the other things I've forgotten (besides getting me
> addicted to the three pointed start).

Herman was our first Benz. And yes, I'm addicted, too.

Craig