My brother gave me a weedeater that quit running well, although
mainly because it wasn't easy for his wife to use.

Wouldn't start, and I nearly busted myself trying.  Cleaned out the
carb, set the mixture, cleaned the plug, everything.  It would hit
about twice on ether, so I knew it was working ignition wise.

Finally, I was about to call my brother to see what I was missing
when he dropped by, and he said "have you checked the muffler?"

Sure enough, mud dauber nest.  Poked it out with a screwdriver and it
fired right up.

Peter