I'll second Lee's suggestions of a BareBones system.  I've bought my
desktops like that for the past 10 years or so.  You specify what you want
and they build it - as well as having numerous pre-built puters,

When you get the new puter and get it up and running, I suggest you take the
old HD put of its computer and buy a external HD case which you can connect
to your new puter using a USB cable.  It treats it just like an internal
drive but it will be slower.  If you;re feeling capable you can install the
old HD in the new cabinet as a slave - communications between the 2 (new &
old HDs) will be very fast.

re Tigerdirect - they have always provided excellent customer assistance -

If there are ever programs you don't want just ask and we;'ll tell you how
to remove them ---

Good luck - you;re about to save a lot of money --  too bad you;re not
thrifty (cheap like the rest of us) or you;d really get a bang out of this.
;-)

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.