Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In this current relationship, my GF has these mood swings and we go
> from a having a great experience with each other to "what the hell
> did I say or do to you?"...  defending my words or position or even
> my person.  Having my face scratched, body punched, slapped.  I have
> had my clothes ripped off of my person.  She has g
otten so low that
> she has asked me to kill her.  Then the next another day, she is on
> cloud #9.  For example, everything is fine- let's go see about this
> or that and life is fun.  I think she gets off on these highs.  She
> will leave my house to run errands as happy as a lark...then she'll
> show up back at my house all depressed and life is all wrong:
> everything is shit, men are shit, life sucks and I'm such a bastard.

I know nothing about this, and have thankfully never dealt with
anything this extreme.  Women and men are different, you have to
accept that women (generally) are moody and prone to act more on
emotion but this certainly sounds extreme.

One thing I will tell you that I HAVE learned, is do NOT fall into the
trap of thinking you can "change" another person.  They are what they
are, and unless SHE wants to change she will not.  Do not think this
will all get better by getting married, or any other thing that YOU
can do.  Be supportive if you want to help her, by all means, but
nobody's better off if your life becomes miserable because of her.
Listen to your priest.

Allan
--
1983 300D