If it was summer I could drive my car but it is minus 30 here and the snow and
the salt would ruin it anyway even
if I could get it to start.

Some lowlife tried to steal my Supercrew last evening. I left my office about 6
and was surprised to see my truck
lights were on when I got to the parking area behind our building. Turns out
that they broke the driver's door
latch and then the steering column lock but did not get it to go. It is new
enough to have a chip in the key and I
assume that is what ultimately stopped it from disappearing. They were able to
turn the lock far enough to release
the steering lock and cause the lights to go on etc but I assume it would not
crank. I couldn't get the key into
the lock so had to have it towed by the insurance company. I'm told it may be 5
days before they take it to the
bodyshop of my choice so who knows how long til I get it back. No fun out there
in the dark trying to get my loose
stuff out of it before it got hauled away. Really cold and windy to boot.
Couldn't turn the lights off so the
battery was failing visibly. Was afraid it would freeze once it died so we
pulled it and took it home and put it on
the charger.

I think they should bring back pillories. I'd love to see the bugger stuck in
one and have the opportunity to kick
his you know what. Maybe public floggings or something. The current system does
not work. The cops pick them up and
they get released to do it again. There was a recent story in our local paper
about some of these kids stealing a
vehicle to drive to their meeting with the probation officer because they
thought it was too cold out to walk.

Randy