> <<Anyone out there have advice on Isuzu NPR or FRR diesels?>>

My friend SJB bought an NPR with 70K miles with a 14' box from a rental trunk
outfit. It's use was to transport the cars he and I had restored to various
concours and car events. He had previously used a Ford boxvan which worked, in
a way, but the 7mpg plus the noise level drove us nuts.

We designed a slide-in sloped ramp with a winch at the top end (front) and he
had a pair of aluminum ramps built which slid under the ramp structure and
the cars were secured with tiedowns.

That little truck made more California trips than I can recall plus one long
haul to Lake Placid NY to that year's Porsche Parade. Flat out, 70mph all day
every day. Not one speck of trouble and very few   routine repairs during the
time he owned it. The 4-cylinder turbo-diesel with Jake brake plus 4-speed
automatic never hiccuped and usually did about 14mpg.

This model was before the intercoolers became standard and it's only design
deficiencies were the seats were awful. Maybe for around town deliveries they
could be tolerated but beyond that something had to be changed. So, he picked
up a pair of new Vanagon seats with tracks which were a bolt-in. The other
thing was the brakes which were not what they should have been. I scared myself
badly on the Interstate once, barely getting stopped in time. The later models
may be better.

The factory air does a good job and with a decent stereo, long trips with a
car in the back were kind of fun.

Very easy to reverse into tight spots with the big mirrors and tight turning
radius.

After sitting for a month or more, the engine would fire almost instantly in
any weather and if it had glow plugs, I don't know what they did.

RLE

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.