I've not heard any exhaust leaks yet - maybe they solved the design issue by
01 or maybe I'm just lucky.

I am overdue for shocks just have not decided if I should go with OEM or
after marker. I have a great distrust for anything sold at the discount
parts places except for name brand service parts like oil, plugs & filters
but I have been happy with everything Napa sells. I may see what they have
to offer.

I've never been much for any after market performance parts because
performance usually means compromise that you did not consider. This is
probably what you bumped into with the Rancho shocks. One item I do look at
seriously when I need to replace a manifold is small tube headers. Don't let
the "Mercedes Gods" know but I'd even replace a set of Mercedes manifolds
with small tube headers if they were available! I looked at Borla & they
only offer a cat back system for my Jeep.

I was under the jeep the other day & realized that the exhaust was already
split system with three cylinders (1,4,5) feeding through what looked like
pretty clean runners to one cat & the other three (2,3,6) feeding into the
other cat before joining in a collector further downstream.

I was chasing a noise that I have not been able to ID yet. When I hit a slow
bump just right, I hear & feel a clink from the front right - reminds me of
a loose ball joint in an old Ford. I've pulled & pushed on everything with
the front end on the ground & in the air & have not fount it yet. There is
zero play in the hub & everything else feels tight.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924