Yeah, there's been a lot of talk about pricing in Canada, especially now
that our dollars are pretty much on par.  There have been several articles
in publications, asking why we pay more here, and no one can seem to offer a
good reason, other than we put up with it, so want not.  I've read articles
where higher end cars, such as a Porsche GT3 can cost as much as $30,000
less to buy new and bring in from the US, taxes and all, than buying local.

I think it's been said before, in many parts of the world, a mercedes is
just a good dependable car, but here, even the lower end models have been
marketed as lux items.  Once a product gets the reputation, it's pretty much
like stamping "For Marine Use" on it.  Doesn't matter what it is, the price
just  doubled. hee hee.

Ed
300E > taxi :-)