Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A 2.4L diesel pulling around MGW of 4000kg -- a real speedster!
> Although it does have some cool cabinets in it to store your tools.

Yeah I was going to make the same comment -- I was initially thinking
it would be cool to outfit it as an RV, Westfalia style, until I saw
what the engine was.  I think a lot of these mercedes trucks and vans
were really made for urban use and probably would be lucky to achieve
50MPH on the highway.

And what does it mean "eligible for import" ?? Would you not need to
federalize it?  Or are trucks exempt?  Or is it exempt due to age?

Also isn't there a fairly hefty duty on foreign trucks?  Or is that
just for new vehicles?

Allan
--
1983 300D