On the app form it has to be signed by a MB dealer, you can grab a PDF
off the classic website.

Hendrik
who is not a US resident so no badge for me, which is no biggie, if I
want one they hang around fleabay but I have a 100years of MB badge on
my 85 190E but the anniversary was in 86 =-O
Anyway I gotta go and crank the barby, me daughter is hungry and asking
me every 5 minutes "what's for dinner?"