Hate to admit it, but this list seems a great source for
everything-savvy-folks.
I've been fruitlessly job searching for some time now and I found an ad on
Craigslist seeking a graphic artist.

I go ahead and follow the link and it's a website called "employee
sources": http://employeesources.com/

Most of the listings seem to good to be true in terms of their requirements
and compensation, and in terms of their enthusiasm. What do I have to lose?
I apply.

But in the app. process, questions are asked like what is my cel phone
carrier, and how do I feel my credit is. And several opportunities are given
to check boxes to request information to be sent to me on things like buying
insurance and starting a business and improving my credit.

I got a text message today - the day after applying - giving me a phone
number to call regarding my application. I call and it simply tells me to
log into the website and confirm my contact information, after which my app.
will be further processed.

Now this could be a legit headhunting type operation that happens to solicit
the applicants. - or - The whole thing could be a scam to collect personal
information.

BTW nothing was asked in terms of my social or bank acct numbers or
anything. They just have both our phone numbers now, so we'll be watching
for telemarketing calls to begin on our cel phones.

Brian