The rust problem he was referring to there, was more than likely related to
the spring perches, which were a serious design flaw associated with the
W210 chassis.  I'd seriously consider either a '98 or '99 E300D, but the
first thing I'd do is remove the front springs, break out my MIG setup and
beef up the perch welds.  Other than that, they're nice cars.