Very well said, Ernest.
I hadn't thought of a couple of those angles.

I can say that almost all the jobs I have gotten in any field have been
through someone I knew, or knew through someone. That's the key I think.
People just feel much much better about going with someone they know or have
some connection to.

Sort of the same with trying to find a date.

Brian