I just acquired the SEL as a donor for my 300SD in the hope of swapping a
few parts.  The donor dash has the burl wood trim and no cracks so I'm  gonna
try that - all the cutouts appear identical including shifter trim.   It looks
to be a real PITA job, but I'm sure it is in the manual.   Does anybody have
thoughts on this job from personal experience and/or a  link to a write up if
it
exists?  Not sure how I am going to  handle the trim for the rear doors.

Another swap will be the front seats (not heated) along with a dye job from
brown leather to black.  Am I gonna get lucky on the bolt holes lining  up?

The car has front end body damage with 187k and receipts for a $3800 tranny
rebuild 30k miles ago - lemme know if anyone needs anything.  I'm up near
Lake Tahoe.

Steve
250SE
220
450SLC
300SD
380SEL parts
5 cars is nucking futs!  how do people do 10?

Awards. Go to AOL Music.