On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:39:55 -0500 "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> i don't know nothing at all about that stuff, but it doesn't sound good.
>
> you want me to give up white light no heat for crappy yellow light?

Not necessarily. LEDs (light emitting diodes) are just starting to be
introduced. I'm not sure of the ecology of their manufacture, but they're
solid and not liquid like mercury.

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Craig McCluskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:14:25 -0500 "Gary Hurst"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > my point is that cf gives you more options.  it uses less energy and
> > > creates less heat.  it's a pure winner to me.
> >
> > And the mercury from poor disposal will find its way into our water.
> > And unlike radioactive materials, will NEVER go away.
> >

> > Craig

---
Craig McCluskey

Present: 1982 240D/3.0 (Euro 1984 617.912 engine, 4-speed) 244 kmi
   Past: 1964 190Dc
         1972 220D/8
         1972 220/8
         1987 190E/2.3

 /"\
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN       "Friends don't send friends
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL                   HTML email."
 / \  AND POSTINGS
                               http://www.fred.net/tds/longrange.html
          http://pruffle.mit.edu/~ccarter/I_do_not_use_microsoft.html