On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:10:41 -0700 "Zoltan Finks"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We may need to recalculate, but I was thinking it was an interval of
> some $.40 or so between gas and diesel when we figured it.

It's not the interval (differential), it's the ratio:

             mpg gasoline     price gasoline
            -------------- = ----------------
              mpg diesel       price diesel

You can solve that an number of different ways. For example,

                                         price gasoline
            mpg gasoline = mpg diesel x ----------------
                                          price diesel

Choosing some arbitrary numbers, assume:

            mpg diesel = 30 miles/gallon

          price diesel = $ 3.00

        price gasoline = $ 2.00

                                            2.00