The valves are straight inline with the piston travel.  Piston pushes
valve up, valve breaks camshaft and cam bearing(s) engine stops.  The
head may or may not have cracks, but 90% you put in a new chain,
guides, tensioner, cam and bearings and it will be back on the road.

I had an OM621 that had that happen.  I put in a used cam and new
bearings I had onhand from a prior conversion kit and it was back on the road.

At 09:40 AM 3/17/2008, you wrote:
>I can't answer your question, Luther, but how is the golf game coming along?
>
>Bob R

Loren Faeth