On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Steve MacSween
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 3/19/08 1:52, Alex Chamberlain at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>  > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Steve MacSween
>  > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >> Greed generally trumps all else. Sorry you missed it. I drove one once and
>  >> it's a truly amazing difference over a V8 automatic w116.
>  >
>  > Thanks for rubbing it in.  ;)  I am definitely keeping an eye out for
>  > the next one...
>
>  No problem! Don't worry, they show up regularly. Every decade or so.

I've just got to be a bit more aggressive in going for the interesting
ones, like Hendrik said.  I'm learning that the expression is "if it
seems too good to be true, it probably is,"  not "it definitely is."
Sometimes you get a chance like Kaleb's $2000 E420 or whatever it is.
Another example: A few weeks ago, I saw a 20' Airstream trailer for
sale in someone's front yard on my way to work.  Never got around to
stopping and looking at it.  After a couple of weeks, they posted it
on Craigslist, asking $2,500.  (I could tell it was the same one by
the location.  According to the ad the insides needed to be gutted and
rebuilt, but the structure and utility hookups were sound.)
Disappeared in a day once the ad was online.  I should've snapped that
one up and just put it in the pasture until I had time to do something
with it, but I didn't and am now kicking myself.

Alex