you DO have a rental car out of them by now dont you?

Allan Streib wrote:
> They also owe you a rental car for loss of use, the longer you can hold
> out the more they will be anxious to settle.  At some point having the
> claim remain open will be more of a nuisance and drain on their time
> than it's worth just paying you off.
>
> At least, that's what I've heard about dealing with insurance companies.
>
> Allan
>
> "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>> I know I posted the story of the fellow who got way more than the
>> first offer for a VW Westie Syncro a couple of times over the
>> years, but my emails on this computer don't go back that far, and
>> I failed the last time I tried to Google it.
>> In short, they owe you what it would cost, with tax, to replace
>> it at retail. You need expert testimony, printouts from eBay
>> that actually sold for a higher price, possibly an independent
>> appraiser....
>>
>> Gary Hurst wrote:
>>> i was offered $1900 today for wagon.  sound pretty low as i don't know
>>> anywhere i can get a working 123 wagon and can use for anything for that
>>> kind of money.  plus, nada low retail is 5500 on the car.
>>>
>>> i told them to come up with a better number and call me back.  any
>>> suggestions beyond that?

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250