On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am considering buying a cheap car that I can pay cash for and drive for a
> year.  I am making some real estate investments (prices are low - now is the
> time to buy) and don't want to take on any debt. Anyway, I saw a dodge
> intrepid the other day and its cheap.  Any information or personal experience
> would be great.

I rented a second-generation one on a business trip once and drove it
across Iowa on whichever freeway that goes from Des Moines to Iowa
City.  This was in 2004 or so.  I was pleasantly surprised---nice,
smooth, quiet, stable ride at 80-90 MPH.  Good controls too and a
comfortable seat.  Felt kind of like a large FWD W126, though I'm sure
the longevity and safety in no way compare, of course.

Alex Chamberlain
passel of 124s