You said it:  I will believe it when I see it.  I have NO plans to
replace XP with any other M$ product.  My 03 servers are fine.  I
love the mac books!  Fast, light, sleek, no 2 -3 lb power
supply.  You get your choice of OSX of XP at boot, or running XP in
parallels.

With OSX, there is one version to support.  Vista has how many
versions?  server has 4 versions  Sheesh!  then there is 2 verions of
xp and all the subversions: mobile and all the crap.  Tell me again
that a Mac costs more?  I simply don't believe it.

Mac shops do not have an army of PC support staff.  They just don't
need it.  What costs more, a $100 car that needs constant
intervention and $$$$$ or a $200 car that just runs?  (MB content)

Gartner is late.  I called this 2 years ago.  TO their credit, M$ has
released some products that make a good case for staying on their
platform in the corporate world, but in comparison to XP/ Office
2003, MS is looks bad compared to OSX and LInux

At 12:48 PM 4/15/2008, you wrote:

>Yawn, they haven't heard of Windows 7. Its in development and is
>purported to have a kernal size more like Windows 98 but on the NT
>type OS standard. Goodbye bloatware.
>
>Apparently Microsoft is listening and Vista will be the Windows Me
>of its generation.
>
>I know I know, I'll believe it when I see it.
>
>-Curt
>
>Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:22:59 -0400
>From: "Allan Streib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [MBZ] OT: Gartner predicts the collapse of Windows
>To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>
>http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9076698
>

>Pretty much say that Windows has become too bloated and unmanageable,
>  it
>will not be able to keep up in the future without pretty dramatic
>changes.
>
>Allan
>--
>1983 300D