> I understand that the folks we love to hate
> (i.e., the IRS) are just 9 to 5 folks who have a job. And they are just
> doing their job.

Doesn't make the job itself any less evil, consider the gas oven
guards.  We can change the jobs our society depends on to something
a bit more productive and/or respectable.  Our present system does
not have all the desired characteristics, and in fact fosters a lot
of crime, resentment, deceit, and waste; a big change is warranted.
I could buy into a transitional phase-in, with a fairly rigid timetable.
(No slacking off.)  I could buy into something even better than
a flat tax, I was just figuring that it would be easier to
actually implement.  Baby steps, in other words.

-- Jim