It does not work very well in the long term.  Short term either.  I
tried that with Gump.  She was getting really mangy on the roof and I
removed the larger bits by hand and then wet sanded the edges until
there were no more mangy looking parts.  Fully cleaned the surface
and got the clear coat rattle can stuff.  Did a fair coverage over
the whole roof, having masked and feathered spray on edges.

Mange came back worse than before and much larger.  Going to have to
strip and paint

clay