Remember decades ago when the main complaint against driving a diesel was
"Oh, I don't like having to drive to a truck stop for fuel" (most gas
stations didn't carry diesel).

Today when filling I stopped at an old fuel oil (heating) company, kinda off
the beaten path. I'd known they sold retail for highway use but most people
would prefer the convenience stations with the new "pay at" pumps.

This "station" wasn't anything more than a couple of towering tanks and a
few old antiquated pumps, nothing electronic.

The basic price was about .06 cheaper than other places @ $4.059. The guy
knocked off .02 for cash. I think the nicest thing was I could fill slowly
without having someone impatiently waiting in line behind me.