It never makes sense to go out and buy a car just for better fuel
mileage, unless you are going to be buying one anyway.

John Robbins wrote:
> Is the Bonneville's fuel mileage that much better to justify selling the
> explorer and finding out all the new vehicle's problems?
>
> My $.02
>
> John
>
> Donald Snook wrote:
>> I found a 1999 Pontiac Booneville that I want to buy. So, I need to
>> sell my Explorer.  For any of you that might be interested here is
>> the information on it.
>>
>> It is a 4X4 with 115,000 miles. It is the 4.0 SOHC engine.  It has
>> the towing package, roof rack, running boards, nice wheels (factory
>> alloy), nice shiny paint, nice interior.  We bought it 3 years ago
>> (from the local Ford Dealer) with about 75,000 miles. In that time
>> the only things we have had to do was replace the freeze plugs (to
>> correct a coolant seep).  I have replaced the tires, and flushed and
>> filled the coolant, transmission flush and replaced the fuel filter.
>> It has been a trouble free car.  Everything works.  It really is a
>> nice vehicle, but we don't need two SUV's.   city mileage is not
>> terrible, 20 mpg on 100% highway driving.
>>
>> Kelly Bluebook Private Party Value (good condition) $4505
>>
>> NADA retail from $3850-$5700
>>
>> Edmunds Appraisal $3800 -- $5200.
>>
>> SALE PRICE $3500
>>
>> Donald H. Snook

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250