I always dreamed about having 2002 -- a friend had one in college,
and I loved it.  Sadly, they have all, so far as I can tell, rusted
away now.  I saw one a few years back, nice paint but you could see
the rear axles sitting strange because the spring towers were rusted
off....

My old Benzes are like that too -- as was my 62 Oldsmobile Dynamic
88.  Easy to see all four corners, the decklid was low so you had
good visibility out the rear view mirror (although the 62 Olds was
lacking a side mirror, which caused my sister to sideswipe another
car on the highway -- probably more inattention on her part than a
blind spot, but side mirrors are a necessity!).

In chasing marginal improvements in aerodymanics and crappy
"modernist" streamline styling, the visibility out of current
production cars is horrible.  This is by choice, as the Citroen DS
series, with a VERY low drag, wasn't anywhere near as bad -- you cold
easily see the rear fenders in the side mirrors and the rear window
was big enough to see out of.  My brother in law refused to back his
rental (a Honda, I think) out of our drive because it was impossible
to see ANY of the driveway from the driver's seat!.  Tiny, high set,
nearly flat rear window, with lots of sheet metal below it.

Peter

Peter