On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM, LWB250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Invest in a set of good quality flare nut wrenches.
>  Best money you'll ever spend when it comes to removing
>  and installing lines of any sort.

I have good flare nut wrenches, and crow's feet too.  So I think I'm
set tool-wise.

Mitch, thanks for the tip on orienting two wrenches so that they can
be squoze together to undo the fittings in a slow, controlled way.

Larry, I don't think this car or any 300E has an oil cooler, but I
could be wrong.  At least, there is neither a cooler nor its lines in
the place where my diesel 124 has one.

Nobody has an answer as to how much trans fluid I should expect to
come out when I undo the lines?  I like to be prepared for these
things (rag, bucket, pan, or all of the above?).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo, '86 300E, et al.