Looks like the issues with VA loans are minimal, at
best.  The big deal is if they're going 100%, which
has some bearing due to the appraisal.

Otherwise, the fees the VA won't pay are clearly
specified and break down to things like overnight
shipping for documents and minor stuff like that.

I had a talk with a local realtor who also pointed me
to a series of stories in the St. Pete Times from a
few years back that addressed the "stigma" of VA
loans.

Apparently they were a real nightmare 15-20 years ago,
but that's no longer the case.  The stigma lingers, as
the impetus for the series of articles (written during
the housing boom, I might add) was the common
exclusion of VA loans from sellers, as in "No VA
loans" in listings.

Thanks, everyone!

Dan

--- Gary Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Only thing to be careful with as a seller closing a
> VA loan sale is
> how much of the closing costs you'll be stuck with.
> Be sure to get
> someone who knows VA loans to give you a good faith
> estimate of your
> expenses prior to accepting any VA contract.
> Remember that since the
> VA insists the vetran not have to pay anything, the
> seller has to pony
> up for ALL the fees...
>
> Learned my lesson the hard way by using an
> incompetent realtor and
> then realizing I had signed a contract that cost me
> $5000 more than I
> had anticipated.
>

> Gary Thompson
> 1995 E320