Well this is OK Dons old SDL, he said somebody had it apart and didnt
put it back right, cant remember all of what he told me.  So by this
year are the halves supposed to be marked?  That would sure make life
MUCH easier.

LWB250 wrote:
> You know how much I struggled with the driveshaft
> vibration in the 250LWB - that went on for over two
> years.
>
> First, give it a good visual inspection - drive shafts
> don't "go bad."  If you find the offending part, like
> a bad U joint, mark everything like a maniac and take
> it somewhere to get the job done.
>
> Look carefully for the alignment arrows on all the
> parts.  If some dillweed had it out and wasn't paying
> attention, they could have reassembled it incorrectly.
>  Look at the manuals for pictures of the arrows -
> they're nearly impossible to see unless you know what
> you're looking for.
>
> I would caution you against the "just one more spline
> and I've got it" approach, unless you have the
> patience of Job and a good part of Eternity available.
>
> Dan (BTDT and NEVER want to go back)
>

> --- "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Got a bad driveshaft vibration going down the
>> highway.  Would it be best
>> to A: just swap in a complete driveshaft from a
>> different car, B: pull
>> driveshaft and have it balanced, or C: just keep
>> moving the center
>> section one notch at a time till it gets lined back
>> up like it should
>> be.  Apparantly it was seperated at some point and
>> not marked.
>> --

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D,
  89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 86 560SL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250