OK - based on IE working for local content but not Internet content,
perhaps the IP stack is at fault?  DNS isn't working? Try pinging web
sites and report the IP address that it returns, we can compare to
what you get.
I pinged www.ebay.com and got [66.135.214.176]. What do you get? We
won't necessarily get the exact same address, but perhaps close?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK