My W123 300D seems to be slowly deteriorating. Oil consumption has increased
, compression is down to min 16 bar. I had overhauled this engine myself
about 4 years and 70000km ago . Did all the correct stuff , new pistons ,
timing chain , oil pump etc etc , pump recalibrated , injectors checked and
set to 130bar , . Been running on Mobil1 so I am very upset about the state
of events.  I can only thing that perhaps is the moderate driving that has
contributed as my regular trips is a 20 minute drive to work at a cruise of
60 - 80 km/h . Everynow and again I would give stick up a long hill on the
way home .

Any thoughts of perhaps getting compression up again ?
Peter