Manfred

Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 08:24:12 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

What I'd do on a new to me car with unknown crap in the pan:
I'd buy a filter/gasket kit. Unhook the cooling line into
the radiator. Maybe give the radiator a shot of air to
blow the oil in it back to the pan. Put a clear hose
on the cooling line, start the car, and run it until
bubbles appear. Shut off the car, pull the pan, change
the filter, dump a gallon of fluid in. Run the engine
until the fluid comes out clear, now you've got a
converter full of new fluid. Hook up the line to the
radiator, finish filling the tranny.