You know what else is funny?  Or maybe ironic, I don't know.  I was
listening to the NPR reports from the Chinese earthquake area, they were
talking to someone who was buying a tent.  Tents are in real short
supply in China so they say.  Anyway, this person paid the equivalent of
$130 for a tent in some fancy shop (apparently they don't have a big
market for tents, so not many shops sell them).  In Sunday's flyer in
the paper, the local sporting goods shop had a whole load of tents, some
huge ones, for way less than $100.  All these were shipped around the
planet from China, wholesale price probably half that or less.  At the
dock in China maybe 40% of that.  And the Chinese can't find enough
cheap tents to put their people in.  Maybe I should buy a load and send
them back?

--R