From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Wonko the Sane
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:22 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anybody in Pensacola?

http://www.uscg.mil/d1/Units/gruwh/stachatham/CGHelo1432.htm

I was navigator in the first plane on-scene and found the wreckage on radar,
and vectored our plane in. Snowing too heavy to see anything w/out radar. I
walked the pilot in to under one mile (using radar) before we could see the
helo -- upside down in the sea. Just a quick look at 140 mph.

I still have nightmares. Frequently.

D.

--
LT Don