>> If I were draining the cooling system and pulling that hose anyway, I
>> would take the opportunity to test the monovalve.

I ought to amplify that---of course I mean "test the monovalve and see
if it needs replacement."  They don't fail nearly as often as on the
123 and 126 chassis, it seems like, but they do fail.  On my 300D I
get uneven temperature control especially when accelerating from a
stop, and I strongly suspect that the monovalve is not closing all the
way when it should.  I asked at some point how to test it, and someone
(Peter?) said that it was pretty obvious---it either is supposed to
close all the way when current is applied, and open when not, or vice
versa.  No "partially open" state is implemented or needed---it's
controlled not by a variable voltage but by PWM from the climate
control brain.

Alex Chamberlain
passel of 124s