Early 1990s W126 had bad clutches installed from factory, causing wear
around 100k and slipping.

Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Hendrik & Fay
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:22 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] slipping trannies and the magic cure

Sorry to burst your bubble but more than likely if an auto box slips in
just one shift it is not a vacuum issue, as the vacuum modulator affects
all shifts. If you adjust the modulator to tighten up the shift you may
well find that the other shifts will be harsh.
More probable is a problem in the valve block or a worn clutch.
If someone could refresh my memory as to what car and what the problem
is I can have a bit of a look at the manual.

Hendrik
with a slipping memory