On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Tom Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The squeal is not caused by the angle. It's caused by the brake pad
> oscillating as the rotor passes underneath. The squeal you hear is the high
> pitch oscillation. That's why brakes don't squeal when you apply the brakes
> at 60 MPH.

I don't have a squeal problem because when I've bought pads from
Rusty, they always come with the little single-use packet of the gray
grease to put on the back.  FLAPS sells it too for lesser cars in a
similar packet at the checkout, but without the M-B star on it.  My
hypothetical ramblings about maintaining pad angle were just that. :)

Alex