Wilton,

?

Be sure to unclip the speedometer cable just under the floormat on the
firewall.? This will give you slack for about 3 " of finger room.? Or is the 87
electronic???

?

On mine, the serrated gasket, that raps?around the perimeter of the cluster,
was kind of fused to the dash.? A little wiggling should release the cluster.?
Try pushing in at the top of the cluster.

?

Jim in Phoenix