More errors between the ears, not aimed at Kaleb, but just for humor.

Layer 8 error   (you have to understand the OSI model to understand
this one.)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model

ID 10 T error

A network admin whom I admire very much and who is very talented
worked and worked for hours one night trying to diagnose a network
problem while installing new medical software in a hospital.  He was
a company network technician/rep for the software company.  He had
been in this hospital before and knew the hospital and its network
admin.  At 4 am after he had spent 3 hours or so bashing his head
against the wall about why he could not get the new software to
access a certain file on a particular computer, the hospital admin
asked him if he had checked the obvious; was the file shared on the
host computer?  He checked it and it was not shared.  Turn on file
sharing.  Problem solved.  That simple.

We all have gotten caught up in troubleshooting, only to overlook the
obvious.  As stupid as it sounds to us all, there is a reason they
the stupid dell or fill in the blank tech support people always start
with "can you verify it is plugged in, and there is power to the computer?"

Kinda reminds me of my own recent experience.  While trying to
diagnose no fuel situation on the 380SL, after changing the Fuel pump
and Fuel pump relay and still no go, the battery died.  New battery
cured all the problems.  I never checked the old battery, other than
it had 13+ volts while not running.  That seemed ok, so I never
checked it further.

At 09:12 PM 6/4/2008, you wrote:
>The issue is with his web host, not him.
>
>Low bid.
>
>D.
>

>On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:21 PM, LWB250 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Better yet:
> >
> > PICNIC:  Problem in chair, not in computer
> >
> > That's the one we use at work..
> >
> > Dan

Loren Faeth