Dan wrote: "So was it fun to clerk, Donald, or did they just use
you as a gofer/worker bee?"

Since apparently many are tired of discussing this subject, this will be my
last email on the subject of lawyers. I know I get tired of the linux, windows,
etc emails, so I understand how you feel about getting a digest full of emails
I don't care about.

To answer your question, I had a ton of fun as a clerk. They wine and dine the
"summer associates."  I also got to work on a lot of really interesting
projects. It was a lot of research and writing (it still is as a senior
associate), but I also had a lot of client contact.  I received permission from
the Supreme Court (Kansas) to argue several motions before the local district
courts.  I also argued an appellate case before the Court of Appeals and won.
Participated in several mediations and wrote dozens of briefs.  It was a very
positive experience.

Donald H. Snook