During the winter I had a mechanical problem with the engine in our beloved
1979 240D. (I still haven't gotten to the bottom of it or exactly what
happened.) In any case the engine won't spin and with the current price of
diesel I have little interest in trying to bring it back from the dead.

The car has a number of good parts on it. I hate to send the car to the
crusher, especially because there is so much good sheet metal on it, but I
need to move it off the driveway. If there is anything you want from it, let
me know. The automatic transmission and the differential are in top shape,
it has all manual controls for A/C of course. A/C hasn't worked in a while
and neither does the cruisecontrol. All the glass is intact but either the
front or read window has a seal leak. The interior isn't in great shape, but
the instrument cluster is good.

Car is located 20 miles north of Pittsburgh in Mars, PA if anyone is
interested in the whole chassis.

...Kevin
1979 240D rust in pieces