So -- I took my vacuum pump apart to install the repair kit parts.

In the main pump body there is a brass adapter for the connection of
the vacuum line.  Behind or in this adapter seems to be some kind of
check valve mechanism.

I have three parts that came out of the bore where that adapter
threads in.  A small disc with three little tabs spaced equally around
the perimiter, a small spring, and a small piston-like piece.

I can't see any way to reinsert these and have them stay in place.
They seemed to just be sort of loose in there when I took the pump
apart but that sure does not seem right.  Can anyone describe the
correct order of assembly of these pieces?

Allan
--
1983 300D