From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] scraping noise turning right

Driving my 300D today for the first time since I overhauled the vacuum
pump, there is a new noise coming from the general area of the left
(driver's side) front wheel when I make a right hand turn.  It is a
regular scraping sound, not really alarming but definitely audible.  It
varies with speed.  Sort of a rasp-rasp-rasp sound, vaguely metallic.
Does not occur driving straight ahead, or when turning left.

I know wheel bearings can make noise, but have always heard that
described as more of a groan or rumble.  This is just a scraping sound,
like something is rubbing against the wheel though I can't see what it
might be.

I'll pop that wheel off tonight and see if perhaps a rock or twig is
lodged in there somehow.

Other ideas?

Allan