Allen,

?

I just pulled an 091 6 rib side shifter trans out of a 79 or 80 Vanagon.? I am
going to convert it to a front shifter (for my dune buggy)so left all the
shifting mechanism at the U-pull it.? If your repair is not successful (tho it
sounds plenty strong enough), and the parts are rare enough, you may want me to
retrieve the part you need.? Is yours a side shifter?? Is it the actual shift
lever you need, or one of the pieces of the horizontal rod (there were 3)

?

Let the part cool naturally from a dark cherry red for the toughest
cure--quenching in water will make it brittle again.? Quenching in oil will get
you some where in between, but as someone said, the amount of carbon in the
steel really makes a difference.

?

Jim in Phoenix