I never weighed them, but the car sat at the same height with both
engines, so I'm guessing they were very close in weight. I swapped in
an MGB rear end - 1:3.90 vs. the 'A's 1:4.30 ratio. That brought the
top end to 115mph at 6000rpm. I had a lot of fun running Vette's -
really surprised them. I even ran even with a 289 Cobra once.
I had the engine balanced, and installed a "3/4 racing cam". It was a
sweet running engine.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK