I am waiting for the new version to arrive in the marcusls repository for
ubuntu maverick. Meanwhile I am using josm which is not as goodlookin' as
merkaartor is and works a bit nasty with wms (not loading the wms layer
dynamically but stickin to a certain zoomlevel) and this will do for now.

Kind regards